Banner showing doublehanded start

Howard C Hoxsie Regatta

Regatta History

The Howard C. Hoxsie trophy was deeded to the Harlem Yacht Club on May 25, 1938, "by members of the Harlem Yacht Club and The Island Canoe and Yacht Club to perpetuate the memory of Dr. Howard C. Hoxsie, a member of both clubs who did much to encourage racing of small yachts on Eastchester Bay".

The original deed of gift calls for the race to be held by, "Star Class yachts the owners of which are members of the clubs which form the Eastchester Bay Yacht Racing Association". The deed also allows that if, "there shall be less than five Star Class yachts to race for the trophy, the trustees may have it sailed for by any other one design class between fifteen and twenty-five feet over all length"

By 1993, the trophy had not awarded for many years, as the local Star fleet had long since faded away. Accordingly, on July 7 of that year, the deed of gift was amended to delete the requirement that owners be members of the clubs which form EBYRA, and the trophy rededicated to be raced in J-24 class yachts.

PS: We occasionally see people write the name as "Hoxie". The correct spelling is "Hoxsie".

Hoxsie Regatta 2016 - August 21

Hoxsie - Notice of Regatta 2016 (59.9 KB)

Hoxsie - Entry Form 2016 (45.8 KB)

Hoxsie - Sailing Instructions 2016 (74.7 KB)

Sailing Instructions - Amended August 20, 2016 (86.6 KB)

Results (23.1 KB)

2015 Race Documents

Notice of Race (60.4 KB)

Sailing Instructions (75.2 KB)

Entry Form (45.8 KB)

Results (90.5 KB)

Past Year Results